Saturday, March 26, 2011

We're on our way!!!


Chris & Lacey
March 2011

Welcome to the adventures of Chris and Lacey. This is the first day of the rest of my retirement and I'm looking forward to it.

Lily
2000-2011
Lacey and I want you to know that we REALLY miss our friend Lily. Our trips are not the same without our girlfriend. We know she is waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge and she is enjoying our adventures from afar. We’re sorry she can’t be with us.

We finally got away from home about 3 p.m. yesterday. After a couple wrong turns and a quick stop at McDonald's, we were on our way!
I thought I might stop in Barstow, California for the night, but it was too early when I got there, so I decided to keep going and try to make it to one of my favorite vacation spots of long ago… Laughlin, Nevada

I’d forgotten about the ride into Laughlin. It’s like a rollercoaster. The roads are improved, but it’s still a two lane highway and it’s dark out there!

We arrived in Laughlin about 8 p.m. Laughlin hasn’t changed much, but the main drag is all torn up, which wasn‘t very pleasant. I guess it will be a better road whenever I make it back again. The parking lots were pretty full and there were a lot of people walking around. I guess business is booming. The Ramada Express is now called the Tropicana Express and the Colorado Bell still looks like the Colorado Bell always looked. It was fun to be in Laughlin again.

 
I found a spot to park at Harrah's free RV parking lot. We were supposed to check in at the convenience store, but it closed at 7 p.m., so we settled in anyway. It’s a very clean place. It’s just a parking lot, but the RV spaces were clearly marked and numbered. There weren’t many guests, but just enough. I felt safe. As soon as I could clear a space on my bed, Lacey went into her crate and I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.

3 comments:

  1. Great start, Chris! Now, tackle adding pictures!
    --Sue R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures will be more difficult. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get on from my iPad, but happily, I find that it's working now. That means I'll be juggling the two, computer for pictures and iPad for easy access. I will be trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So glad you're on your way. Hope you and Judy have a wonderful trip. Hopefully it won't snow like it did when we went to Abq. Enjoy and keep us all posted on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete