Monday, April 4, 2011

Hiking at Robbers Cave



Spring has sprung!

Dogwood

Hiking Trail





                                                   Judy and I went up to the store to pay for our site. It is a really good deal. We got to share the cost of a site again. Judy is plugged into 50 amp and I’m plugged into 30 amp. Judy got a SENIOR discount for us. It was only $42 for two nights. Very nice!!!

After we paid for our site, Judy, Lacey and I headed out on a nearby hiking trail along a ridge above a creek. We never did see the creek, but I’m sure it was down there. It is a pretty wooded area and spring has sprung. It was pretty chilly, which is good for me. I like to hike in cool temps. The sun peeked through the clouds every once in a while. Judy would have liked more sunshine, but we had a good time.

After we finished hiking, I figured I earned a good lunch, so I made a grilled cheese sandwich with pepper jack cheese. Lacey got a Bully Stick and stayed outside on her rug chewing on her stick. Later, she crashed on the Roadtrek porch. I listened to my audiobook for a while, then I got back to work on my blog.


Judy has a great meal planned for tonight. We’re hoping to get away somewhat early tomorrow. We want to have plenty of time to enjoy the scenic drive from Talihina, Oklahoma to Mena, Arkansas known as the Talimena Scenic Drive. We think we’ve dodged the stormy weather that is going across the country. (I never hear any news, but Judy told me about it this afternoon.)

Judy just let me know she is getting dinner started. I'm going to take Lacey for a quick walk, then I'm going to join Judy for dinner. I'm looking forward to a quiet evening in Robbers Cave.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Just thought I'd let you know how much I'm enjoying your blog. I like the details and your style of writing. I know it takes a lot of time to write the posts and if no one posts comments, after a while you start wondering if anyone is reading them and if it's worth the effort! So, just so you know, I, for one, am reading and enjoying each one and will continue to follow your adventures. Has Judy started her blog yet?
    I'm sorry to hear about your trying time finding the Robber's Cave Campground in the dark. It sounds very much like some of my (mis)adventures. While I do like driving at night (on a real road), it is definitely harder to find your way into and around a campground in the dark! When you described how the RT wouldn't go forward or backwards when you stepped on the gas, I was reliving one of my similar moments when my engine wouldn't restart after I had stopped in the middle of the entrance road to some campground in the middle of the night to get out and see where the road went and where the sites were. My oil gauge said no oil pressure so I figured that was why my engine wouldn't start. Boy did I feel stupid when the campground owner pointed out that I had the gearshift in Reverse instead of Park!!
    --SueR

    ReplyDelete