Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

This has been a good day!

After Judy and Mary Ellen got home from the Sunrise Service, we visited for a while. Mary Ellen’s daughter, Jean, was up and about, so we got to meet her too. She's a sweet girl. We all got to know each other a little bit more.

After a while, Mary Ellen decided to go back to bed to try to catch up on the sleep she missed last night. She had trouble sleeping, since she knew she had to get up so early. Judy and I headed back to our rigs.
My refrigerator and freezer were badly in need of cleaning. The freezer needed to thaw. Mary Ellen said I could stash my food in her refrigerator while my refrigerator was off. Unfortunately, it’s a long process. The ice in the freezer took a long time to thaw and it will take a while for the refrigerator to get cool enough, now that it’s clean. It sure feels good to have this taken care of though. A bag of frozen strawberries that probably thawed too much before they went in the freezer had leaked all over, then the bag froze to the freezer shelf. It took me a while to figure out why there was sticky red stuff all over everything in the refrigerator when I first headed off on my trip. What a mess!

While everyone was resting, Jean was working on some carrot soup. After a while, we were invited in to have a bite to eat. I contributed some guacamole and chips. Judy brought some Baklava that she bought at a Farmer’s Market yesterday morning down by the beach. Everything was yummy! Southern hospitality is the BEST!

I headed back to my rig again. I was still working on the fridge and I had some other cleaning to do. I rested a little bit too.

After a while, Mary Ellen came out and asked if I’d like to go to a spring where she used to dive. There are underwater caves there. She explained that it looks much different today than when she dived there. There are stairs leading down to the water now, whereas she and her friends had to climb up and down the rocks back in the day. These SoloTrekkers are certainly an adventurous bunch. I don't know how I got mixed up with them.

Being that’s it’s Easter Sunday, it was quite crowded there. The weather was nice and all the families were enjoying the beautiful clear water. Mary Ellen, Judy and the two dogs waded past a platform to a quieter part of the beach, but Lacey and I stayed behind. I knew I'd end up in the water or something, if I tried to follow them. Lacey got very excited because she thought some children nearby were playing with her. She went splashing through the water. When the children moved away, she came and sat down. I think she was a little disappointed. She kept looking for some kids to play with. Actually, dogs are not allowed there, so these three were the only dogs around.

After a while, the others returned and we moved to the other side of the spring. Mary Ellen showed us where the cave is. I imagine it would be a beautiful place to dive. She says the cave goes on and on.

By this time the dogs were pretty wet and dirty. We decided to give them a dunk to clean them off, then carry them back to the car. Judy decided it would be fun to throw Lacey in a few times. She swam to the shore each time, but I don’t think she was enjoying it. She’s nice and clean now though. I won’t really know how she felt about it until we go near some water again. I hope she will remember it as an enjoyable experience. She has always loved water, but this is more than she has ever experienced before. Usually she just plays in her water bowl or any muddy puddle she can find.

When we got back here, I got my things and went into the house to take a much needed shower. Lacey stayed in the van to finish drying off.

When I came out of the shower, Judy and Sandy were eating some soup that Jean made before she left. She was invited somewhere else for supper. It was nice of her to leave a delicious dinner for us. Obviously, she is a good cook. She told me this morning that she enjoys cooking when there are some extra people to enjoy it. That's lucky for us.

After dinner, Mary Ellen’s friend stopped by to watch a TV program with her. It was going to start at 9 p.m. I said good night and headed back to the Roadtrek. I fixed Lacey some dinner, which she finally ate, and got to work on this. Soon I will go to bed. I’m getting my hair done tomorrow. Believe me, it’s long overdue.

After my hair appointment, I’m going to take care of some more chores. I will probably do some laundry and I might even wash the van, if I see a “do it yourself” car wash. The van is filthy. I’m sure the other Roadtreks at the rally will be very spiffy.
I also need to find a place to buy some flea and tick medication for Lacey and get to the Fed Ex office to get the package off to Verizon.

After all of that… I will drive to Crooked River State Park in Georgia where I will meet up with Judy. There may be some other trekkers there with us a day early. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment