Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cafe Des Amis, Breaux Bridge, LA



Breaux Bridge
Zydeco Band at Cafe Des Amis
View Through Front Window
 When we finally got into the cute little town of Breaux Bridge, we found that it is a really hopping town on a Saturday morning. We could see lots of cute shops and music was blaring from a number of places. We were interested in the flea market too.

Parking was a challenge, as one might expect. Judy found a place right away. She’s very skilled at parking her larger rig, while I’m a wimp and have to find an easy spot to get into. Eventually, I found a place a few blocks over on a residential street. The weather was nice, so I walked the few blocks back to the restaurant without any problem. It was actually a pleasant walk.

In the meantime, Judy called to say that the wait would be one hour, but I "NEED TO see this.” When I got there, I didn’t find Judy, but the little café was jampacked with people having breakfast and a crowd dancing on the small dance floor. What a fun place!!!



I watched for a while, then tried to confirm that Judy had put in our name. This was an impossibility, because one could not be heard above the music. Just then, Judy showed up with our little blinky light thinger, which meant we had our name on the list for LUNCH, not BREAKFAST.

While we waited, we looked around in some of the nearby shops. When we were finally able to get a table, the music had stopped and lunch was about to be served. I’m glad we were around for a little of the music while we waited. Had we known that they would stop at noon, we would have stuck around for the entertainment while we could.

We had a very enthusiastic waiter who told us about their delicious crab cake appetizer and turtle soup. The turtle soup sounded good, but I opted for the hamburger on a croissant. He explained that they mix barbecue sauce into their meat and it makes a very yummy burger. He also said the “homemade” curly fries were delicious. I was ready for a break from Cajun seafood entrees.

The turtle soup that Judy ordered was delicious. The hamburger was only so, so and the curly fries were pretty much the typical curly fries we get in California, so not very good at all. The homemade lemonade I ordered was tasty. I wanted more, but I wasn’t going to pay for refills. I settled for my water. We should stop eating out so much, but there are so many great opportunities.

After lunch, we headed back to our vehicles. Judy was considering a Louisiana crawfish welcome flag when I headed back to my Roadtrek. Lacey was glad to see me, as usual. We went for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment