Tuesday, May 10, 2011

James Island County Park: Day of Rest?

Today we’re still at James Island County Park. It’s a VERY NICE park. There are lots of things to do here. If you visit Gavin, you should check this place out. There’s a huge water park here and there’s also rock climbing.
http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?nid=68

I SHOULD take Lacey to the dog park today. I was told that they have separate areas for large dogs and small dogs. The dogs are allowed to play in the water there. She’d love it, I’m sure, but then she’d probably need another bath. We’ll see.

I need to check Lacey’s eye to see if it’s healing or if I should take her to the vet. She still has a swollen spot on her eyelid. Since she badly in need of a haircut and she’s not at all cooperative, it’s difficult to see how it’s doing. This would be the day to go to the vet though, while there’s time. I noticed that there’s a vet’s office in Mt. Pleasant near Gavin. I also need to do some errands, like buy dog food at Petco. Maybe I could even check into getting Lacey groomed.

I’m hoping to get together with Gavin and Courtney today. Courtney is working, but maybe she'll have time to go out to lunch or something.

I understand the Gullah people on Mt. Pleasant specialized in basket making long ago and they are still making baskets there today. Maybe I’ll get a chance to check those out while I‘m with Gavin. We saw basket weaving at the “market” in Charleston yesterday, while we were on our tour, but maybe it would be easier to check them our in Mt. Pleasant. I hear that they’re very expensive.

I could go back into Charleston with Judy today, but I’m not sure I want to do that. It’s difficult to park there and we were there all day yesterday. I think I’d rather do something different. This remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment